SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor light
Thread: Anchor light
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Anchor light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
And, again, for those who are having difficulty distinguishing masthead lights from freakin' STARS, might I politely suggest perhaps the time has come for you to refrain from sailing after dark? (grin)
I would suggest that this "trend" has been caused by owners using nav lights that do not meet the COLREGS performance criteria. I myself have seen these "stars" and it gets really annoying when someone has molested a perfectly good 2nm or 3nm nav light with a MUCH dimmer and much more blue light. It can be dangerous because it throws your depth perception, of where the boat is, way off.

All Round lights such as the Davis products, WHICH ARE NOT USCG APPROVED, also fall into this category.

I can guarantee no-one has ever mistaken our mast head anchor light as a star as it is almost always the brightest anchor light we see. We also have one mounted to the radar pole and depending upon where we are we use one or the other, or both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook