SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heaven Can Wait 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Heaven Can Wait 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Thank you C .... you didn't get the Cfarer thing did you ? I was looking for replacement brass rubbing strake the other day and found a chap on a wooden boat forum who had posted the info I needed. Went by the name of Seafarer ... sound familiar ?
Sorry A, nope I didn't.. very clever, but 'tisn't me I'm afraid. I'm not that clever.

..nor do I have enough time for the wooden boat forums. I've poked around there a bit and been tempted a few times but haven't registered for fear I simply would not ever get any paying work done! Here, AS (less often now thanks to a certain Large Ego) and a NZ Classic forum are the only places you'll find me.

Although I value the opinions of a respected few here very highly, for any real issues I tend to ask a couple of shipwrights I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
If either of you remember the boat we shadowed most of the race last year , she was a VDS34, Winchaser. She did it again this year and ended up coming 2nd in Div 2 and second overall on handicap. Said they had a great race, nothing over 30 knots and mostly 15-20. no rain.
Yep, I remember her.. and I remember how uncomfortable they all looked without a targa-top to protect them from the hail! Serious hard-core, that lot.

You sayin' we might have come third? Hmm.. maybe. There's always next year - in Bent's new boat.

Last edited by Classic30; 09-30-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook