SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heaven Can Wait 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Heaven Can Wait 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Sorry A, nope I didn't.. very clever, but 'tisn't me I'm afraid. I'm not that clever.

..nor do I have enough time for the wooden boat forums. I've poked around there a bit and been tempted a few times but haven't registered for fear I simply would not ever get any paying work done! Here, AS (less often now thanks to a certain Large Ego) and a NZ Classic forum are the only places you'll find me.

Although I value the opinions of a respected few here very highly, for any real issues I tend to ask a couple of shipwrights I know.

Yep, I remember her.. and I remember how uncomfortable they all looked without a targa-top to protect them from the hail! Serious hard-core, that lot.

You sayin' we might have come third? Hmm.. maybe. There's always next year - in Bent's new boat.
I reckon that without the furler problem we had last year we would have done 'em, at least on the water. Supposedly race is moving to later in the year as of 2013 so we may turn up ourselves. The inner forestay is now easily removed and stowed and we are about to fit a new stemhead fitting which will incorporate a removeable sprit for the assy. May even put the assy onto a furler ... waiting for advise from rigger on that.

The Woodenboat fella btw was even named Cameron and spoke about two boats, one of them a trailer sailor. I just figured ..... wrongly as it appears.

A

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook