SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC 31 Great sail after lots of work
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012

Summit_Elan is on a distinguished road
PSC 31 Great sail after lots of work

Hi All-I'm sure you will appreciate this:

I just had to share that after buying Clue in the spring and doing/getting done a ton of work (new water tank lids, replace old fridge with frigoboat keel cooler, install of furling staysail, move bilge pump, rebuild shower sump pump. rebuilt 12V from batteries to panel .etc) and having sails that involved, among other things, dealing with water in the fuel tank and a broken transmission linkage bolt (as I was coming in hot to the docks!) I just had the second sail in a row where everything went perfectly and nothing broke.

I sailed out from Eastport/Annapolis yesterday in 10knots of breeze with all three sails up, headed over to Whitehall Bay, anchored, fired up the propane stove and had a beer and some hot food, ignored a bunch of work calls, then sailed back to home base on a rising wind of 20 knots and small whitecaps, hitting 6.3knots SOG barely healed at all. Docking went great as I have finally figured out singlehanded backing in to the slip with an unfavorable wind (use shortened springline as a pivot).

As a final note, I had left Clue unplugged from the dock for a week with the fridge running (150watts nominal solar panels) and the net drain on the batteries was zero, and the beer was cold(!)

That was a great day!

Elan
Pacific Seacraft 31 #36
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook