SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seller agreed to offer, but set a clause,"no discounts after survey"
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012

Location: Utah (House & Macgregor 26 Classic) -- Florida (Endeavour 37)
Sumner10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Seller agreed to offer, but set a clause,"no discounts after survey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
.....Too often the pictures turn out to be years old, from before the boat began suffering from neglect. Too often the "9 out of 10" turns out to be more like a 3 or 4 at best. Too often the boat that's on the hard, but promised to be in "sail away condition," is actually not even safe for a sea-trial, let alone sailing away anywhere!
How true. We drove 500 miles to look at one boat that looked wonderful in the pictures and I couldn't even believe it was the same boat. The broker did nothing to indicate that the boat was in nowhere near the condition represented in the photos.

Then we drove 500 miles round trip to look at the boat we did end up buying and it was advertised with a dodger and bimini, both in shreds and the dodger you couldn't even mount to the frame. Then there were 2-3 items advertise like the swim ladder that didn't even exist. Was it just outright deception or merely the broker not doing his job and confirming if the items existed or were even functional.

If we ever buy another boat and travel some distance to it I won't go unless the broker guarantees that all items listed are actually on/with the boat and are somewhat functional. If they aren't I'd sure like to figure out a way that they at least paid our gas ,

Sum

------------------------------------------

Our 37 Endeavour --- Our 26 MacGregor --- Trips With Both

Last edited by Sumner10; 10-01-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook