SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying our first sailboat
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Buying our first sailboat

From someone that spent a year and a half in Vancouver, WA I would never get a boat that wasn't pretty stable. That water is wiked cold!

A hard to tip sailboat that is still trailerable would be a Catalina 250, Compaq, maybe even something like a Catalina 22. The 250 has a head that would make it more enjoyable. I would avoid the water ballast, but that is just me.

You will hate trailering boats of that size. THere are a lot of marinas right around there to keep her at. I think you would use the boat more if you kept her in the water.

I have owned the C250 and still own the Compaq. Neither will break any speed records, but pretty stable little boats.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook