SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seller agreed to offer, but set a clause,"no discounts after survey"
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012

Location: Utah (House & Macgregor 26 Classic) -- Florida (Endeavour 37)
Sumner10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Seller agreed to offer, but set a clause,"no discounts after survey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
...That fact that you were upset that the boat was misrepresented is not really important to anyone including you as you bought the boat.
Because we bought the boat doesn't mean that it wasn't important and it did cause us to be upset at the time to the point that we just about walked. Yes we bought the boat and did negotiate some on the final price but where do you draw the line on what is acceptable and not acceptable in the terms of what is represented in printed advertisement and by the broker. We found the boat on the internet and then talked to the broker and asked about the items in question.

I would of much rather of looked at MS's boat than going to look at a boat that the seller or broker or both either intentionally misrepresented or misrepresented due to sloppiness. The problem is that it isn't always so easy to tell from a phone call and the actual advertisement if you are being mislead. There are people spending a lot more than we did to go look at boats that the same thing has happened to and it isn't right if it could of been avoided.

I'm not trying to pick the add or what they told me on the phone apart for the sake of a lower price, but from the standpoint is it worth my time and money to go look at the boat in the first place. Yes we ended up buying the boat so you can say the broker won on that point. Would we of still gone and seen the boat in the first place if it was represented factually. Maybe not, maybe yes, and there were other boats we could of driven to,

Sum

------------------------------------------

Our 37 Endeavour --- Our 26 MacGregor --- Trips With Both

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook