SailNet Community - View Single Post - Shipping by Container
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006

mike dryver is on a distinguished road
flicker as some one who hauled and stuff containers i can tell you if your width is 7'6" or less you have no prob. the only prob. i can see is 1)tighing the boat down on the trailer. 2)securing it in the container. 3) balancing load.
if you are going to do this you need a 40" con. no such thing as a 30" in US. only 20', 40', 45', and 48' don't about 53's if i were going to leave on trailer i would block and brace trailer off floor so there is no weight on tires. also make sure it can absolutely not move, boat included on same!!!!!!!. i don't see an issue on beam or length unless i miss-underestimated your beam. you will need to secure in middle of cont. because if the load tips the agntry one way or another the port will usually refuse to load on ship. 3-5000lbs. i think is ok but check with your export broker. i think i notice you are in Mil. thank you for your service!!!!! sometimes Uncle Sam will ship for free at their discreasion. my brother had a Kaw. mtr. cycle shipped to Europe this way but it is/was on stand by service only yours maybe to big.
anyway good luck and again thank you for your service.
regards mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook