LOL the thought did cross my mind... Until I realized that I'd be raising the counter too high to be useable by the time I got the vertical nature of the drain I wanted(not a bad horizontal section of hose under stress).
and that I'd be adding several more failure points below the waterline. My solution saved a pile of money on bronze parts I returned, and made for only one additional potential failure joint which is above the waterline vs below.
Funny! I'm replacing countertops too. My stove
doesn't sit "quite" level, there's a little gap near the center. It is a nuthouse. My next goal is to find another nut, with a bigger boat and buy that one next time, save myself at least a bit of the headache :-)
I spent a happy day last week doing nothing but buying and organizing screws... I now have square drive in every size I use, pan and countersunk heads every size from 3/8-3.5" and correct finishing washers. Can't stand slightly stripped or incorrect fastners.