SailNet Community - View Single Post - North America - Australia/ New Zealand, How can I join a vessel for this journey?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012

JustinCanada is on a distinguished road
North America - Australia/ New Zealand, How can I join a vessel for this journey?

Hello Forum,

I was wondering if someone out there could please lend me some advice or guidance.

I am currently planning a shoestring budget circumnavigation of the world using only surface transportation. The biggest obstacle I am facing is finding a way across the Pacific Ocean. I was hoping I might be able to get pointed in the right direction of how I can go about getting aboard a vessel that makes this crossing. Perhaps I could take up temporary employment to earn a place on board? Where should I look to find vessels that make this journey? Any guidance or suggestions you could lend me would be greatly appreciated.

I do not have any sailing experience but I do have extensive travel experience. Over the past several years I have traveled and worked across Africa, North America, South America and Europe. I think I enjoy the hardships of the journey more than the destination.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Justin
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook