SailNet Community - View Single Post - North America - Australia/ New Zealand, How can I join a vessel for this journey?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 10-02-2012 Thread Starter
JustinCanada

North America - Australia/ New Zealand, How can I join a vessel for this journey?

Hello Forum,

I was wondering if someone out there could please lend me some advice or guidance.

I am currently planning a shoestring budget circumnavigation of the world using only surface transportation. The biggest obstacle I am facing is finding a way across the Pacific Ocean. I was hoping I might be able to get pointed in the right direction of how I can go about getting aboard a vessel that makes this crossing. Perhaps I could take up temporary employment to earn a place on board? Where should I look to find vessels that make this journey? Any guidance or suggestions you could lend me would be greatly appreciated.

I do not have any sailing experience but I do have extensive travel experience. Over the past several years I have traveled and worked across Africa, North America, South America and Europe. I think I enjoy the hardships of the journey more than the destination.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Justin
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome