SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartplotter died, time to upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Chartplotter died, time to upgrade?

All sorts of options out there. Your radar will probably not work with any new Chartplotter besides its worth it to try and get a discount though a bundle. The upgraded digital radar is light years better.

I went recently from a Raymarine C80 to c90w. All my indtruments can stand alone, but are also integrated through the Seatalk system including the autilot.

The amount and instrumentation you need depends on the type sailingyou do. We always plot our course on real charts concurrent with using electronics, especially when offshore , but in one sense the redundancy as well as accuracy of new cart plotters can also increase te safety factor. When entering different harbors / anchorages the its nice to have the electronic assist.

I am sure others will recommend other brands, so I won't get into hat. Suffice it to say the new Rymarine is certainly user friendly nough my wife can operate it.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook