SailNet Community - View Single Post - Don't need no lessons..just go..
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012

paul323 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't need no lessons..just go..

..I've heard that certain cruising associations have had differing opinions to the point that they have been banned on blogs/forums..
unquote

AFAIK, the Bumfuzzles have not been banned - but they did draw an astonishing amount of vitriol on many forums. (Disclaimer: I am a fuzzle fan!). I think that they probably just excluded themselves.

Y'see, the "problem" is that they set off young, with a limited budget. In fact, before they bought their boat, they went to Mexico in an old VW van - and Mrs. Bumfuzzle is BLOND! . Just shows you how reckless they are. Anyway, their dream was to cruise, so they sold everything and bought a boat. They did not know a huge amount about sailing - many would say they did not know enough - and they made mistakes. But they sailed away. They even had (and kept) a young child on board. "Irresponsible" "Cavalier" "Accident waiting to happen." (my fave) "An experience wasted on the young". etc etc.

So yeah, they took risks - some would say too big a risk. 21st century hippies, often short of cash/supplies/parts. But they had the courage to do it, and have been cruising since 2003. I am not going to armchair critique that.

Another +1 "Go the Fuzzles!"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook