SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor light
Thread: Anchor light
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012

CapnBones is on a distinguished road
Re: Anchor light

My boat came with no masthead light (broke off) no idea where it went, but the wires are still there so I am glad this thread came up, I want low amp draw and preferably a light sensing diode to turn it off when I am sleeping it off haha.

In the mean time my buddy and I made an anchor light, bought one with no pedstal 50' electric wire from hardware store like you would make a really cheap extension cord from and cig lighter plug. Total cost was something like $15. Hooked some wire to the light and raise it up the halyard at night, works great. Once I get my masthead fixed this leaves a spare incase it breaks or if I need a job light or a million other things you could come up with.

Just for lighting and to conserve battery we got a couple cheapo walmart solar lawn lights and they worked for 3 or 4 years until they were all stepped on or swept overboard because no one put them away. You couldn't see them from far off, but they lit the deck level. We didn't rely on them they were just a nice addition so cheap was good.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook