SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Can I Go With this weekend..?"
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012
Superior Sailor

Squidd is on a distinguished road
"Can I Go With this weekend..?"

I am so lucky...

Heard that question from my wife as I was planning my week out eariler...

She had gone out on the boat in June a time or two when I first got 'er.. then had some work/schooling commitments on the weekends thru July and August so I was going out solo and occasionaly with one of "the guys"...

Finally got to take her out again end of August, and did the "unthinkable"...During a tack...I "yelled at her" to loosen the sheet... Bad move...she was done sailing and ready to go home (other than we were 12 miles from shore)... But being the smooth operator (suckup) I am, was able to convince her to stay in the boat for the duration....

I apologized and everything, but I really thought I blew it with my bestest buddy ever, I mean I can sail the boat solo so there really was no excuse for raising my voice when she was trying to help... I think she forgave me...

So when she asked me if she could go this weekend...I knew she really does like the sailing/anchoring/crusing aspect of boat ownership (as well as my company)

How cool is that...? A wife that actually "likes/wants to go" sailing...

I am so lucky...