SailNet Community - View Single Post - Champagne taste on a beer budget
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012

Location: Utah (House & Macgregor 26 Classic) -- Florida (Endeavour 37)
Sumner10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Champagne taste on a beer budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
Sum, No harm, no foul.
Thanks for going easy on me , I should of looked before I posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
..Can you picture a MiniCooper towing a Mac 26 S? Hilarious! It would make a great ad campaign for the Mini people though, eh?
Maybe not totally out of the question...

I had planned to tow ours with our Jeep Scrambler as it has a longer wheel base and is heavier than a regular Jeep. We headed towards Lake Powell and the Jeep engine was shot, but I thought it had one more trip in it. I had a re-manufactured engine sitting in the shop. About 20 miles west of town on a long steep grade the engine blew up. By standing on top of the boat I could get a cell call into AAA and they came and towed everything back to town. Probably just as good as the boat was not comfortable behind that Jeep. Then we borrowed a friend's full size pickup and took the boat over to Colo. What a difference in towing. We forgot using the Jeep and bought a used Suburban and have been happy ever since. So regardless of the picture above I wouldn't be pulling anything over maybe 1000 lb. max with a Mini. I think MacGregor had an add shot pulling a 26 with a Vette,

Sum

--------------------------------------------------

Our 37 Endeavour --- Our 26 MacGregor --- Trips With Both

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook