SailNet Community - View Single Post - another sailor complaining about power boaters
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Re: another sailor complaining about power boaters

I kind of like...well love the sound of a big block or two roaring by, as long as they're not too close. My last larger boat before we seriously got into sailing was a 1979 Glastron Carlson CVX-20 with a 460 Ford big block, berkley jet drive, and hydrolic Place Diverter (Makes that 200' rooster tail possible). I loved it but it ate engines like candy of course I always had neighborhood wrenches do the major work, I should have just had an engine professionally built. I sold it after rebuiding the second engine a second time and blew it at 20 hours. An autopsy of the motor showed that it wasn't put together right...Me trying to sane money again...
Below is a picture of my extremely cool Mom going out on it with me, I guess she was around 73 at the time, she used to LOVE to go on all my boats no matter haw crazy fast they were (and there were some crazy fast boats in my past) She was so cool, I really miss her. She would have REALLY loved our Catalina 320, we were a lot alike when it came to boats, we love them, dosen't matter what kind or in what condition, we love all boats!...It's just that some of the operators suck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Momjtbt.jpg (68.8 KB, 22 views)
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.

Last edited by swampcreek; 10-04-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: add content.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook