SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 22 Question regarding Swing Keel
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012

sevseasail is on a distinguished road
Re: Catalina 22 Question regarding Swing Keel

I have used the gin pole method you see all over the net, be sure to have the "A" frame set up as to hold the mast from going sideways while lifting, it can be done cheaply with some 2x4's, some conduit for the A frame and a couple of blocks with some line, two people can raise the mast comfortably and more importantly safely.
I've seen people claim they do it on their own, it's possible but, in my opinion is best with help.
Take your time to make sure everything is in place and run the drill in your mind to play how it's going to unfold before starting to raise, make sure you know and everybody involved knows the sequence of steps and how is supposed to happen. If somethings goes wrong or you realize it's going to, make sure your set up allows you to go back down ad rest the mast till you figure out the glitch.

Good luck and have a great day on the water !!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Chata
1980 Catalina 22

"Common sense is the least common of the senses"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sevseasail; 10-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook