SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bug out boat
Thread: Bug out boat
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012

kd3pc is on a distinguished road
Re: Bug out boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
I'm fortunate to live in the PNW where water falls from the sky, I can also walk the shore at low tide and fill my bucket with fresh crab in about 5 minutes. There is a huge portion of the population prepping for a SHTF situation, if that happens and I doubt it will, I will just sail off into the sunset and become one of those mythical voyagers
not to blow a hole in your bubble...because I do like the idea of being self sustaining - crisis or not...

but what makes you think the "shore" people are going to be amenable to you "stealing" their food....??? By what right do you even do that?

What keeps your boat from being "borrowed, used, etc" whilst you are ashore collecting "their stuff"...same for your women, perhaps left behind to stand watch or even beside you crabbing...

You are assuming that what ever happens allows clean water to rain, many scenarios do not.

There is a lot more to survival than what you are preparing to do....and I doubt any will bring out the best in mankind....read: Katrina
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook