SailNet Community - View Single Post - Champagne taste on a beer budget
View Single Post
post #34 of Old 10-05-2012
Barquito
Barquito

Re: Champagne taste on a beer budget

Quote:
O.K. I have to chime in as the contrarian now. You are N O T going to get your money back out of any boat unless you are V E R Y lucky. You have to realize that most of the people on this site have been charmed into thinking this way by their demon boats that have totaly convuluted their brains. I sold my last boat for what I had put into it in the previous 2 years and even then I regretted selling her. Do You see their demonic ability? I mean after all the only thing I needed was a bigger boat. Never try to make rational decisions regarding boats... it's an oxy-moron. I would agree however that a boat with adequate headroom and a phrf of 180 or so would probably be a great starter boat.
28-32' ... Just don't let her demonic spirit convince you that you need to start pouring money into her to have a good time sailing.
I absolutly agree. You might get what you paid for a boat, but, that doesn't include all cost of all the upgrades you made! Get a boat upon which you will not be too upset about unleashing a money canon. The size of the money canon being dependant somewhat on the size of the boat.

Bristol 27
Cirque
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome