SailNet Community - View Single Post - Champagne taste on a beer budget
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012
Barquito

Barquito is on a distinguished road
Re: Champagne taste on a beer budget

Quote:
O.K. I have to chime in as the contrarian now. You are N O T going to get your money back out of any boat unless you are V E R Y lucky. You have to realize that most of the people on this site have been charmed into thinking this way by their demon boats that have totaly convuluted their brains. I sold my last boat for what I had put into it in the previous 2 years and even then I regretted selling her. Do You see their demonic ability? I mean after all the only thing I needed was a bigger boat. Never try to make rational decisions regarding boats... it's an oxy-moron. I would agree however that a boat with adequate headroom and a phrf of 180 or so would probably be a great starter boat.
28-32' ... Just don't let her demonic spirit convince you that you need to start pouring money into her to have a good time sailing.
I absolutly agree. You might get what you paid for a boat, but, that doesn't include all cost of all the upgrades you made! Get a boat upon which you will not be too upset about unleashing a money canon. The size of the money canon being dependant somewhat on the size of the boat.