SailNet Community - View Single Post - Clothing optional sailing
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012
Lurker extraordinaire

dgasmd is on a distinguished road
Re: Clothing optional sailing

I grew up in an extremely conservative family where the idea of being naked served no purpose in life. No even in the shower alone. However, I also grew up with a different outlook and explored it once I got to be old enough. I swore I would not allow my kids to grow in that retarded environment full of taboos. My wife in the other hand, grew up in a very open family environment where nudity was common place daily. We have both enjoyed nudity in beaches and out to sea everywhere we have been.

It is always funny to me that once you mention nude beach, or nude boat, or nude anything the first thing that comes to mind to most people is how good they or anyone else look naked or something sexual. Truth is most people don't really care, and not even notice 3 min into it. I don't go nude anywhere so others see how great I look or how "enticing" I can be without clothing, nor do I think that anyone else does it for that reason. However, that is the most commonly mentioned thing.

I went to a beach in Italy last summer where everyone was nude, including me, wife, and both of my boys (7 and 9). An 80 y.o. lady sat next to us, got naked, and spent the day there like nothing. She had a colostomy bag secondary to a colon resection (colon cancer in her case). I am a doctor and did not think a darn thing about it other than how courageous it was for her to be out as a survivor doing what she liked and enjoyed at her age. When I came back to the US, I told the story to someone and they were petrified and mortified. Their words were "I would die if I had to see that". That was the stupidest thing I could hear, but that is common I guess..........
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook