SailNet Community - View Single Post - Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)

While I cannot accurately comment on what "everyone Knows" I can share my personal experience.
I had a 24' bayliner buccaneer and while it probablly won't win any races it served it's purpose well and had standing headroom,head,stove,and plenty of freeboard.
I now have owned a 1976 Bayliner Buccaneer 320 center cockpit designed by william Gardner and built in Wash.State.
While not a racer (nor am I) It makes a great coastal cruiser and has for the past 4-5 years for myself and my family as we sailup and down the eastern seaboard of the USA between the fingerlakes in upstate NY and this year the keys.
I've logged many miles back and forth from tampa to the fingerlakes.
We are having a send off gathering this afternoon at a marina on the seneca-cayuga canal in Upstate NY and wil be casting off in the next day or so across the NYS canal system to the Hudson then south.
Often the Bayliner is "Talked down" by folks who never owned ,operated ,or sailed one.
For the $1000 I spent on this one , it's been and continues to be an incredible value and immesurable pleasure for us.
Sea-you on the water

JTC and Crew Aboard SV Exposition (Sailing as "No Hurry")
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook