Frank... I think Dave will verify that ..yes you are causing damage. You say you have a link 10 charger but that is only a readout instrument and I assume you mean that you have a Xantrex charger/inverter with a link readout. The Xantrex chargers have a different setting for Gel and for Wet cells. If you are on the Gel setting...you are undercharging your wet cells and will shorten their life. If you haveit on the wet cell setting you are overcharging your gels. Battery capacity does not matter in charging but battery type does. Since the gels are more expensive and you have 2 of them, I would suggest gtting a gel starter battery and setting the system for gels, assuming the gels are still performing decently.
Dave...I've seen a lot of "maintenance free" batteries that are described as wet cells with vents advertised for automotive use. Are you saying that these are really gels?
Last edited by camaraderie; 11-27-2006 at 03:19 PM.