SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does anyone else do this while refitting?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Does anyone else do this while refitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgbrown View Post
Although the rules on export etc that he tried to enforce probably prevented a lot of the possible change over.
What happened was that he had earlier been involved in some sort of syndicated venture in England and he got screwed out of his share by his partners. It made him a control freak to the point that when he invented the screw head he wouldn't even license anybody to make them - they had to buy from him. The big manufacturers licensed Phillips instead and he lost out.

Quote:
Screw companies now make a screw that has both Robertson and slot in them, overlapping to allow for users to use whatever they have on hand. Milwaukee made a screwdriver bit to fit only these fasteners.
I've seen them a lot but only on electrical stuff - junction boxes, switches and receptacles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook