SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery charging
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Frank,

The only time I ever lost my batteries was when the charger got stuck on bulk and took the batts with them.

I put in a seperate charger for my starter. I did wire it into the system so that I can pull the starter batterty into and out of the house sytem for starting or whatever... though I never use it for house (or the house for start) at least I have it as such. Thus, with such a small wet batt, you could easily buy a cheap Xantrex charger and wire it independently for the starter and have a great redundant system. They install very easily. Now the Prosine 2.0 charger/inverter... that is another story. Thus,

DAVE.VERRY, if you are reading this, can I plese ask you a question that has been plaguing me for two weeks and several busted knuckles:

WHY DO I HAVE TO RUN A MINIMUM (MINIMUM) 4/0 OR LARGER CABLE WITH A PROSINE 2.0????????!!!!!!!! The charger was cheap compared to the cost of that freaking cable and lugs, trips to the hospital, a month in confession... etc.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook