SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery charging
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Dave,

Yep, I called them, more than once, for an explanation on just that thing.

The first "gentleman" I spoke to gasped over the phone with frustration when I explained to him that there was a missprint in his manual (ie, 4/0 wire). He told me that 4/0 was the absolute minimum and I should consider larger. I explained to him that I did not know there was such a thing as larger wire and how was I suppose to run larger wire on a sailboat?? He seemed to infer some comment about putting my big girl pantys on and dealing with it. I told him I did wear big girl pantys but my wallet was on training pants and hung up on him. I then called back and spoke to the next techinical engineer that something about the, "...phase of the joobah, hooking into the jewah, causes a voltage drop in the wah-wah, and 4/0 this and that... now give me your credit card number..."

His comments were very helpful too so I hung up on him.

SO I am faced with a cable that is as big around as my leg, bends like a telephone pole, and costs more than my boat did. All of this so I can have a cup of coffee without turning on the generator. Ain't wives great!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook