SailNet Community - View Single Post - Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012
Multiman

mdi is on a distinguished road
Re: Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)

Regardless of the brand or model power boat you decide on I would be concerned about the drive train, particularly an Outdrive system that was continuously in salt water, fresh water would be OK, at least in my book, but I have had friends who had fairly nice power boats with outdrives that were constantly in salt and over time it became a costly experience.

I realize you intend to be on the hook with little intention of travel but fuel will not be getting cheaper so the comments regarding expense for motoring may not apply to you personally but if your intention is to sell later it could be a concern for others in the future. I always buy with the thought of selling at some point. So if I was going power I probably would go diesel, natural aspirated engine - something I could work on myself, meaning likely a trawler. My 2 cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mdi; 10-07-2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: editing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook