SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oday 30 keel concerns, New member here too!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Oday 30 keel concerns, New member here too!

Greetings all!
I was reading (on another forum) about the keel tearing itself loose on someone else's O-30 but the thread died and I never found out how it was fixed if it ever was. I would like to prevent such a thing happening to my boat.

Anyway, My boat is on the hard now and after looking at the bottom I can see the outline of the Keel flange? And on the starboard side near the keel there is some filler that looks like it's popping off bolt heads? I dunno.. I was told by the surveyor that it just needs proper filling and fairing which We can do. HOWEVER... Duh... I can't find any pictures or explainations of how the keel was actually attached/molded/glued to the hull? Are there actually stringers under the floor near the bilge and they hold it in place? Was it really molded as part of the hull? Please.. if anyone really knows in detail how Oday really did the keel I'd be very gratful. I guess I'm looking more for peace of mind then we can go on and fill fair and barrier coat the bottom.
thanks all!
Denise
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook