SailNet Community - View Single Post - First Boat for Learning
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006

jones2r is on a distinguished road
Camaraderie,

Thanks for the reply. I've taken a look at Com-Pacs. These little guys really do give you a lot. I have to consider though that much of what they offer is what I'll be looking for in a second boat. Just to mention, the second one will be the cruiser, and there I'll be looking at a "big" 35ft. or so.

Don't know if you followed Golden Hind yesterday. SailingDog really helped me to resolve some issues. I'm on MacIntosh, and the furnished browser was giving me minimal access to this website. It wasn't a problem last winter, but here of late I've been going through the back door to get to the Forum archives; not much else has been available to me. Well, SD uses Mac, and he recommended a different browser; makes all of the difference in the world.

Thanks for your help. It really is appreciated.

If you're with us RayM., I took a look at the Alerion. It looks exactly like what I'm after. I'll have to look into that saildrive thing. Everything I've read in here is unfavorable, but that's antiquated equipment being discussed. I don't know anything about the modern equipment. Any inputs here are welcomed.

Thanks guys. Keep 'em coming! I'm all ears.

Bob

Last edited by jones2r; 11-27-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook