SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galley counter top material
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Galley counter top material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
Has anybody tried a liquid glass like product? It's the clear epoxy you see on bar and table tops at restaurants.....
I applied this to a bar top in my rec room at a previous house. It is easily scratched. Coasters, placemats, etc were needed religiously. If you look at one in a bar, they are hazed over by the scratching, although, don't look too bad. I'm also certain they can't take much heat.

Installation is probably the tougher part, unless you can remove your counter tops from the boat. They need to be perfectly level, and I mean perfectly. The stuff seeks a level and the slightest imperfection will be noticed over the length of a counter. No way any of our boats are that level. The advantage, however, is that the fids will provide a natural barrier to hold the stuff in place. Letting it run over the edge is very difficult to get right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook