SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait?

At the Annapolis Boat Show yesterday I did some shopping around for BVI charters. Some places were offering 15-20% off if I book by the end of the show (today). (Moorings/Sunsail offered 10% off.) I don't think I can swing going this year, but would like to plan to go down around Christmas/New Years next year. I know that is the busiest season, so booking ahead is beneficial, but not sure I want to book this far ahead.

My question is whether this 15-20% special is truly limited to the boat show, or can you usually negotiate a similar discount at other times of the year (coupon specials, etc.)? I'd prefer to wait awhile to make sure my plans are more certain, but don't want to wait until next year's boat show to book for December 2013.

Also, I'm considering BVI Yacht Charters or Conch Charters because of their lower prices. I know they have older boats than Moorings, but I think I can accept an older boat. Are there reasons I should not do this? Do the older boats have problems, or are they pretty well maintained?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook