SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C Landfall 39 Capabilities?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012

satterwhited is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Landfall 39 Capabilities?

Cruising in a C&C Landfall 39? I originally posted the question a few years ago. Since then we have gone cruising. We took first place for our division in the Baja Haha, cruised Mexico for a year, then I single handed it to Hawaii and back to San Francisco. Before leaving San Francisco I replaced the standing rigging and installed a Monitor windvane on the stern. I can honestly say she is a great blue water boat. Is she the fastest boat? No. But she's not the slowest either. Her pointing ability is actually pretty good, as her jib sheet track is fairly far inboard. A properly cut head sail will make all the difference. Like most boat's, most of her power is derived from the head sail, while her mainsail is used mostly for balancing. That being said, a monitor wind vane will teach you how to get the most from her. Her center cockpit kept me dry most of the time, except when I had 16-20 foot seas and consistent 35-40 knot winds covering the boat. I guarantee you, an aft cockpit would have been a wet experience on the trip to and back from Hawaii. In short I love my C&C Landfall 39. She has a ton of storage, two cabins, two heads, balances easily, and is built plenty strong enough for offshore cruising. Plus, now that we are back to work and refilling the cruising kitty, she is plenty big enough to live aboard.

In short I can say, she is not a race boat, but she is comfortable, safe, and roomy. And let's face it, if your cruising full time, your on the hook, which means comfort and space is king! You can check out our blog at

Camanoe. wordpress. com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook