SailNet Community - View Single Post - Leaving a yacht in Greece for more than a year
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Leaving a yacht in Greece for more than a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain milos View Post
Celenoglu thank you for the offer to help.I have received a quote from
A boat yard on an island that my family
Is from (Milos , in the Cyclades) for a complete package,in- out- and storage
In their yard for 7 months for 2000 euros.The type of yacht that I told them
Was for a 16 meter sailboat which is
What I am looking for.I have heard that
The marinas in turkey are more competitive with their prices.How does
My quote compare???
2000 euros is not expensive at all. A popular place to leave the boat in the hard is Preveza on the Ionian. For sailing is probably better (there are some very windy summer months on the Cyclades).

On the other side of the bay there are three big shipyards that have an huge number of boats on the hard. Among them is Cleopatra Marina that has a super ambiance (they are really nice) and they maintain with the clients an almost familiar relation. The clients among them act also as a big family, very different from the ambiance on another near by marinas like Gouvia. The prices are also nice too and they have an huge experience in mechanic and in taking care of the boat.

I have been there this year to repair blown up sails and even the sailmaker from Preveza (called by the marina) was a very nice guy that made a good job, fast and not expensive.

They will offer you a free ride to Preveza (that my wife says is a nice town) each day for shopping, they have a small market and a super restaurant and bar, good ones, with free internet and not expensive.

Regarding the problems with your boat they have so much experience that I would ask them. I bet they had already many sailors from outside Europe for a year or more and will know the answer. They are also the kind of guys that will help you wirh that.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-08-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook