SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaQuinn View Post
I personally have nothing against liveaboards unless they have a big mess on the outside of their boats. Only one at our marina was like that....and I was glad when they left. I kind of felt like if they had to have all that stuff on the deck of their boat they should have just rented a storage building or bought a deck box.

Everyone should take enough pride in their home to keep it clean and attractive. Leaking fuel cans, bags of garbage, old worn out tarps etc. really don't need to be on the decks.

This is very true; however, I don't think of it as confined to liveaboards vs daysailors or other users with houses elsewhere. It's just a case of consideration, and standards.

Our marina also charges a fee of $100/month or more (depending on the boat size) for liveaboards. In addition to power and water usage, liveaboards make more frequent use of amenities like the clubhouse, pool, and gym. My favorite perk, tho, is that if they know you're aboard, they prioritize shoveling the snow off your dock and even off your finger pier. YES, I'd be willing to pay extra for that this winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook