SailNet Community - View Single Post - Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)
View Single Post
post #26 of Old 10-08-2012
miatapaul
Old enough to know better

Re: Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Sidney, if he's talking about a 25' Bayliner sailboat, as he seems to be, there's no way he can heat it, or shower on it, or use a real head like someone on a $50,000 boat can.

Simply put, on a 25' sailboat you've got terribly limited room for anything and you'll be using a camping stove and a portapotty and usually remembering not to stand up all the way lest you bump your head.

Which is not to say it can't or shouldn't be done, but living on a boat that small is going to be more like living in a pup tent than in a 20-man military field tent. Having a dock slip and a real bathroom nearby will make it a lot simpler than bringing the portapotty ashore every day on the way to work. :-)
Yes the 25 foot Bayliner besides just not being a very good sailboat, has lots of rooms and none of them are very spacious. I can't imagine a grown adult using the portapotty. There is a reason they are normally around $1000. There is one by me that has been for sale for years(I think at least 5 or 6), and the guy can't give it away. It is not in that bad of shape either.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome