SailNet Community - View Single Post - Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Sidney, if he's talking about a 25' Bayliner sailboat, as he seems to be, there's no way he can heat it, or shower on it, or use a real head like someone on a $50,000 boat can.

Simply put, on a 25' sailboat you've got terribly limited room for anything and you'll be using a camping stove and a portapotty and usually remembering not to stand up all the way lest you bump your head.

Which is not to say it can't or shouldn't be done, but living on a boat that small is going to be more like living in a pup tent than in a 20-man military field tent. Having a dock slip and a real bathroom nearby will make it a lot simpler than bringing the portapotty ashore every day on the way to work. :-)
Yes the 25 foot Bayliner besides just not being a very good sailboat, has lots of rooms and none of them are very spacious. I can't imagine a grown adult using the portapotty. There is a reason they are normally around $1000. There is one by me that has been for sale for years(I think at least 5 or 6), and the guy can't give it away. It is not in that bad of shape either.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook