SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

I guess holland is off the list. Dam I was just about to head over there too.... now I guess I'l have to slum it here ,shucks.

when I was much younger I used to run around w/ a bunch of friends on motorcycles and we all had jackets w/ the same thing on the back . Sometimes we would stop and have a drink. Occasionally we would encounter opposition to our choice of transportation and or dress.
Being young and able we would sometimes get offended that not all tavern proprietors appreciated our patronage and we would sometimes resort to violence or a destructive action of the premises and or patrons / proprietors.
Looking back now I wonder why we even bothered ? we should have just gone to where we were welcomed and appreciated !
Now,years later, I try not to get worked up around places I'm not suited for anymore , why bother when my pennies spend everywhere and I enjoy myself more around fun folks rather than walking on glass around folks who aren't welcoming.

This trip I'm taking a line from the Pardy's , when I anchor someplace and the locals ask how long I plan on staying I'll aswer "As long as I feel welcome" .
Too many great people around to hang with, to waste this short life on the others.

life is fun when you enjoy it .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook