SailNet Community - View Single Post - Riddles with a Prize, by Mantus Anchors
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012

Mantus Anchors is on a distinguished road
Re: Riddles with a Prize, by Mantus Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Diamond View Post
I believe this has been answered correctly, but since I am on the hunt for a new anchor for my girl [COLOR="Blue"]Sea Diamond, (Beneteau Oceanis 38), I'll put my name out there for advice on your recommended model.
Les
Les, as you can imagine there are many opinions on anchors choice and on this forum there are pages of discussion on the topic. My personal opinion is that newer generation anchors: Spade, Manson Supreme, Rocna, Mantus, Ultra offer a more reliable set than the competition. In really soft mud I think a Fortress or a big Dan forth actually are more efficient. What we claim is the most reliable set, especially in hard to penetrate bottoms. We concentrated on this feature bc in an emergency you don't have time to nurse an anchor or try to find a place where it will grab, another feature of the Mantus is that it breaks down for easy storage. I am sure other members of the Sailnet community would love to share their advice..... feel free to call me and/or private message me with questions any time.....
PS sorry about the accident, glad the boat is OK
Greg

Last edited by Mantus Anchors; 10-09-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook