SailNet Community - View Single Post - My new toy.
Thread: My new toy.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012

gnusailor is on a distinguished road
Re: My new toy.

WOW Thanks, cc ... can't remember the last time I was called "... still young...". In fact my GROWN-WITH-THEIR-OWN-LIVES kids sometimes refer to me as the "old fart" (Hrrrumph, how disrespectful! D . As far as the winds are concerned, I am not too anxious... wind and water do not bother me (unless it's 15-20+) so, if I get dunked again, and I am sure I will... so be it.

What bothers me are the stationary object I am approaching rapidly... I think that is what distracted me from doing what I knew to do but didnt remember at the time. But now I have that jewel... experience, be it all so small at this point. Another thing that bothers me is the combinations of wind, water and temperature. We are approaching the time of the year here, that the highs will not be much above the 60s and the lows will be in the twenties. Getting wet then will be a whole lot less inviting. I don't know what the fall/winter at EB is like, and it is 3 1/2 - 4 hours away, so it'll be a less frequent than I would like. .

Alas that is what is for me until I become fully re-treaded... errr retarded.... errrr.... retired! (Whichever is appropriate at the time!)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook