SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bug out boat
Thread: Bug out boat
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Bug out boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcGee View Post
Asking questions like that on a thread like this is like asking "why would she open that door?" during a zombie movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
So, you're saying this thread is not to be taken seriously? Seems like it has received some serious replies.
Minne, How serious are the serious replies? As you yourself pointed out some of them haven't been thought through - at least not realistically.

I'm fascinated by folks that are preparing for some disaster whether it be the Mayan calendar end of the world, a government takeover, some natural disaster or just some sense that "something" is about to happen. It seems to be a bit of an epidemic right now.

It doesn't seem to matter how many times or how many ways some of these theories have been debunked. For some people it remains an article of faith.

Remember the people who were stocking up on food in anticipation of the year 2000?

Hurricane preparedness in Florida, or a backup plan to get your boat away in case of a tsumani in Hawaii -- I get that. I just don't get where all this other fear is coming from. I'm not saying everyone on this thread is wrong, nor do I want to get into a debate on all the various theories. Just saying I'm not feeling it.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook