SailNet Community - View Single Post - Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethecobbler View Post
Zeehag- just curious ,why would you not take a Buccaneer to weather ? I've had a couple of then and have pounded them to weather for days coastal w/out any issues.

Miatapaul-Hey that buccaneer woudn't be the one I see on craigs for @000 woud it? I think itls sitting in point charles on the hudson River ?? If it is , I was told A guy sailed/motored it in there and tossed the marina the keys and left it there !! Apparently he dreamed of sailing far and wide but after a week or two, reality got the best of him and he went back to land- Ha!

I know the Buccaneers are not the best -to windward boats- but they make great coastal saiors, roomy good headroom and the price is right.
a for the porta-potty, if you can use a bucket, you can use a porta.
As far as the shower goes , we have 2 heads on our Buccaneer 320 one has a shower and we rarely use it, opting to use the shower bag on deck or in the enclosed cockpit.

Buccs' forever !!
when op said bayliner, thunk it was a power boat....buccaneer has some strength--but the ones i see living in mexico--i have seen 2 of em here on pacific side--looked beat to hell--if the boat looked that bad after a pacific coastal hop of 2000 or so miles, what did the people look like when they finished that trip.......i also was able to get to inside the 25 and the 27--these arent only boats i would not take out in weather--weather being 20+ kts, seas, etc....i have been aboard others i would never dream of taking out into seas and weather.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook