SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012

sailordave is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethecobbler View Post
living aboard tied to a dock is not the best live aboard experience. living aboard on the hook or while traveling is much more preferred. As per the judgemental attitudes about how a boat is kept and how and what is stored where , none of my bussiness how others choose to keep thier property.
I don't care for everything I see outside the boundaries of my land property but I don't try to dictate how it should look or be kept.
If I see something beyond the boundaries of my property that upsets me I simply avert my eyes to spare myself the agravation. Or to put it more plainly, I mind my own bussiness.
If I wanted to harass my neighbors I'd get a house in a homeowners assoc.

The bottom line is, my boats travel and when I don't get the happy happy reception I take my boat and my pennies elsewhere as they both seem to work well just about anywhere.
case in point- St. Augustine -- don't need it , just float right on by- - - --------
Hate those damn HOA's! They started out well intentioned but have become run by ruleNazi's. The Admiral rents out her large townhouse. Got a letter from the HOA Witch accusing her of restaining the steps to a different color w/o getting permission to change the color.
Um, no, they weathered to the color they are now. Also, accused her of putting a satellite dish up w/o approval.
Um, again no, it was there when she bought the house.

Sorry for the off topic rant.
As long as people keep their boats in reasonable condition I could care less if they live aboard whether in a marina or on the hook. I figure *MOST* liveaboards are going to be more attuned to what's going on around them.