SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 10-09-2012
sailordave

Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethecobbler View Post
living aboard tied to a dock is not the best live aboard experience. living aboard on the hook or while traveling is much more preferred. As per the judgemental attitudes about how a boat is kept and how and what is stored where , none of my bussiness how others choose to keep thier property.
I don't care for everything I see outside the boundaries of my land property but I don't try to dictate how it should look or be kept.
If I see something beyond the boundaries of my property that upsets me I simply avert my eyes to spare myself the agravation. Or to put it more plainly, I mind my own bussiness.
If I wanted to harass my neighbors I'd get a house in a homeowners assoc.

The bottom line is, my boats travel and when I don't get the happy happy reception I take my boat and my pennies elsewhere as they both seem to work well just about anywhere.
case in point- St. Augustine -- don't need it , just float right on by- - - --------
Hate those damn HOA's! They started out well intentioned but have become run by ruleNazi's. The Admiral rents out her large townhouse. Got a letter from the HOA Witch accusing her of restaining the steps to a different color w/o getting permission to change the color.
Um, no, they weathered to the color they are now. Also, accused her of putting a satellite dish up w/o approval.
Um, again no, it was there when she bought the house.

Sorry for the off topic rant.
As long as people keep their boats in reasonable condition I could care less if they live aboard whether in a marina or on the hook. I figure *MOST* liveaboards are going to be more attuned to what's going on around them.

CS 36M DIANTHUS
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome