SailNet Community - View Single Post - Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Considering doing Live Aboard. (Need Advise)

Quote:
Do you live on the hook on your Buccaneer?
Yes, I am on it right now typing on this keyboard . Along w/ my wife,daughter and cat . We had 4 dogs on previous trips (they have since passed away fron old age)
as to the oven , I've got an origo oven and stove an isotherm frigde, a splendide vented washer dryer, 3000watt gen, diesel kubota inboard,over 100 gallon fresh water, 2 heads one msd one porta in case the other fails,Had a 5cu ft. freezer but it broke so I took it out to repair it, and I've got a Katydin 40E watermaker I've been meaning to instal, but actually I'd probably never use it where I cruise.
per the storage issue- 32'X10' is the same volume regardless of who measures it out. Storage is just wise packing.
Believe me the other half and daughter don't leave much behind. One year my daughter had a barbie diamond castle in her cabin and the next year she brought the barbie cruise boat !
and yes light displacement is alot less comfy than a 20 tonner. but we manage nicely and don't mind the shoal 3.5' draft or the short 46' stick. Get to go more interesting places larger draft never will.
as per sea kindliness, the Buccaneer can put up with alot more than I care to, so I pick my weather.
As I said b4 we've been sailing up and down the east cost seasonaly since 2006 inside and outside with no issues.

Bucc's forever- or at least till I find something else inexpensively.
I've seen the 320's sell for as high as $18000.00 to as low as the $1000 I paid for te one I have now.
If cost wasn't an issue I think I'd get a Gulfstar 40-50' the're floating motorhomes as well !
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook