SailNet Community - View Single Post - Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012

seaboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed

[QUOTE=Faster;931419]I think you're putting yourself in a bit of an awkward position... however nice the boat may be, the valuation is suspect, ferrocement can be difficult to insure. It's tough to get into a deal with a 'friend' or relatives of a friend, and avoid paying too much or buying into something that might not be appropriate. How long has the boat been ashore now?

it has all the lloyds certificates and has been insured for years now, its only about £180 per year to insure 3rd party fire and theft, i have seen the policys, the last time it was surveyed in 2004 they valued it at £84K i think, something like that any way.
it was also surveyed during and after it was built, as i said i think i probably am paying a little over the odds for it in todays economy but i am getting free housing for a year whilst i do the things i want to do to it, I.E flat screen tvs in built dvd palyers and the likes, recovering the seats/ beds in white leather ect, its ok as it stands its just not my taste, the boat has been out of the water for 12 months now! is that a problem?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook