SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Bondage!
Thread: Boat Bondage!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Boat Bondage!

Was the power boat moving around so the bow would face the surge? That's a good idea.

I guess, I'm an "everything in moderation" kind of guy. In those conditions, I don't want the lines so tight that a jumped fender has no chance of slipping back in, nor do I want so much slack that the lines are getting too much momentum when snapping on their cleat. Also don't want so much on the bow and stern that the surge can lift the topsides above the bottom of the fenders.

If conditions are bad on a floating dock, my preferred method is to secure the fenders directly to the dock in a way that they can't jump. All of our fenders are the type that the line passes through, so they could be hung horizontally, when desired.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook