SailNet Community - View Single Post - Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboy View Post
.....i know the guy has spent around 150.000 on it over the years as he still has all the recipts....
Your primary concern should be your inexperience in owning a boat, not your inexperience in knowing how to sail it.

This guy's experience is absolutely common and you can expect the same, over and over. There are no exceptions. Every boat I've ever bought has had unexpected issues that have prevented me from getting to many projects I desired when I bought her. My current boat was babied and only a few years old when I bought her. No exception. Every year has thrown me a curve ball.

Everyone has a different tolerance for adventure, but if you run out of money, you own a yard queen that you can't sell for what you paid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook