SailNet Community - View Single Post - sailing routes from Antiqua to Galveston
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Re: sailing routes from Antiqua to Galveston

While I'm not as skeptical as dacap06, I would essentially recommend along similar lines to his. The weather is nice from November through early summer as this period is outside the hurricane season. Your trip from Antigua is best done by visiting the islands on the way - starting with Barbuda (optional, but beautiful) then St. Barths, St. Martin, BVI, USVI and Puerto Rico. From there the Dominican Republic on Hispaniola might be next but then you would want to skip Haiti and might not be allowed to legally visit Cuba.
But instead of specificying an itenerary here I would recommend hiring an experienced skipper, best to have one who is also an instructor and then accompany him/her on the route. That way you would get experience plus get professional training that would cover the contents of the ASA courses listed above.

The good news is that your trip is a downhill run - you'll have the wind and the waves behind you for much of the trip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook