SailNet Community - View Single Post - Downtown Sailing Center Baltimore Maryland
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

livinzlife is on a distinguished road
Re: Downtown Sailing Center Baltimore Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
No need to get more experience, just be honest with whomever you go with. Initiallyyou will be railmeat ( Ballast), but will have to learn to do some of the functions and learn as you go. In one year of racing you will learn quite a bit about sail trim etc.
Dave
Thats great! Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4arch View Post
In the Patapsco, BCYA (Baltimore City Yacht Association) does Tuesday evening races and NPSA (North Point Sailing Association) and RCRA (Rock Creek Racing Association) do Wednesday evening races. All would be convenient from your Towson location however their regular seasons are all either over or coming to a close. I know that BCYA does a Sunday afternoon series in October and November and that can be a good way to get your feet wet. A lot of skippers have no problem having newbies aboard and also don't expect anything more than that you occasionally show up with a 6 pack.
I figured things would be slowing down for the season, but that is OK. I imagined I could do some reading here on the forum to at least pick up on some information, and start getting hands-on when next season starts up. I will look into the BYCA Sundays though, it would be fun to get a couple days out before the year wraps up.

Great to hear people would be so willing to let me join, the least I could do is bring along some beer!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook