SailNet Community - View Single Post - Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012
Irrationally Exuberant

arf145 is on a distinguished road
Re: Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboy View Post
... the work i need to do on it is cosmetic, ie, flat screens, dvd players, im thinking even a ps3 somewhere, i want to redo all the seating in a soft white letherette, and im thinking about doing the same on the roof of the main cabin and galley ... including some wrap around leather seating up there as well, the boat already has a pontoon that fits to the back end of the boat, " good fishing platform, or somewhere to put some mountain bikes, or even a cheap motor bike, but im thinking more along the lines of mounting a couple of fishing chairs and a beer cooler! all very nice if i get this old girl to the med!...
I'm having a very hard time not seeing this as a troll thread. I mean, really, that is just bait in there.

But assuming you are not a troll, seaboy, take a sailing class or two so you can get some idea of what you will be asking your sailboat to do in your travels, before you go spend your "upgrade" money. Getting out on the water might open your eyes and change your priorities. You might opt for a liferaft instead of the leatherette, for example. Keep the beer cooler, though.

2000 Beneteau 331
Northern Chesapeake Bay

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy ~ Steven Wright
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook