SailNet Community - View Single Post - Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJO View Post
Ant I have been reading this whole thread and I probably can make a statement such as "most people here that don't like FC boats also don't like English cars and for that matter Italian cars". Many have made up their minds based on the great US marketing propaganda about something that might or might not has happened in the past. The tellie has a lot to do with that.
I actually like some english cars, used to have an 71 MG Miget, that was a fun car. Parents have a 95 Landrover they have owned since new, have 170k of trouble free miles on the car, never garaged and still looks new.

Trouble I have with Ferro boats is that they all seem big and built more to live aboard than actually sail. A friends father used to live aboard a 50' ferro boat in Annapolis on the south river (marina next to South River bridge). The father motored that boat to the marina when new and never moved it in more than 30 years- the boat might even be sitting there now. In fact he never owned sails for the boat.

Does the subject boat have sails- none shown in the picture?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook