SailNet Community - View Single Post - Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

seaboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Im buying a big boat! But i have never sailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Ant,

I'm sorry you're being attacked personally, however, when you come onto a sailing forum and declare that you're going to buy a huge, overpriced boat with absolutely zero sailing experience and then ask "am I crazy?" You kind of open yourself up to an answer to your question. Not all the answers will be to your liking. It works that way.

In my experience, the sailing community is helpful to those who want genuine assistance rather than just blanket validation of decisions already made. You're getting feedback from people who have already done what you want to do. It would be to your advantage to at least take note of their advice and tuck it away for future reference.
DR
thank you for your kind comments and thoughts, but being attacked personally, i am not.
i feel its only an ignorant percentage of the crowd, who know no better, that would stoop, to such an unapproachable depth, just to have their voice heard.
i dont care for that kind of person, and comments and pokes, from such people, will no longer be answered with neither, humor nor aggression, they can simply "sail into the sunset".
i joined this site not as a sailor, but as a person who desires to become one.

as it goes, and regardless of some of the more negative comments i have encountered on here, it seems to of played out in my favour, my mind is now set in ferrocement, im buying this boat.
This way of hard headed thinking may turn out to be a mistake, so what! its not the end of the world, unless of course i drowned, then it might be!.
seriously though, if i did loose the boat, all it would really mean is, i would have to work a little harder the year after to buy a better one.
I get the feeling that some of the poeple on hear, "not all" but some, do think that they are in some way better, than the people who dont own a boat, or want to own one.

This way of thinking may only be reserved to me, im not sure, but the way i have perceived certain members attitudes on hear, is less than glorious to say the least.
All i want from this thread is other peoples experience's about going to sea, on there own, in their own boat, for the very first time.
All the best
Ant
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook