SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing Furling Line on Hood Seafurl 810
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

nautikal is on a distinguished road
Re: Replacing Furling Line on Hood Seafurl 810

To: ARF145

I also have the Hood Furler with continuous loop on my '90 Hunter 28. You cannot get the loop off without unlatching the main furler from the deck. I am surprised how that continuous loop has stood up over a 22 year period. The unfortunate part is the hood twin rollers mounted on the stanchions are no longer anywhere near round ..in fact they look like pieces of swiss cheese. If anyone knows where I can get replacements I would be extremely happy.. Actually the reason for this message is : Is there any chance I can get a copy of the hood literature for this type of furling gear as we bought the boat third hand and the last owner did not have anything on the hood furling gear. It works ok but new rollers would help and occasionally I have had to squirt WD40 into the furling mechanism to allow the locking segment to work well.

So if anyone cane help me out or let me know where online I can read or copy the manual I would be really appreciative.

John
nautikal live com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook